Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Neeka ate my coat...

Not my fault lady...


She ate the pockets inside AND out, the zipper and into the coat itself.  My favorite Lands End coat...

It is partially HotRod's fault.  Because of him I became complacent...I started to leave treats in my jeans pockets again, and then my coat pockets.  I left food out on the counter or even open on the floor and he wouldn't so much as look at it. 

Flash forward 4 years and Miss Neeka is back home.  She is NOT HotRod.  She is Gracie all over again and it took me a scoche too long to realize that fact.  Plus she is so long she can reach farther back on the counter than Gracie ever dreamed.  

Last night I was so tired when I reached home that I forgot to hang up my coat.  I put it right there...next to the sofa...where she eats her bones on a towel.  I know what you are saying...PICK IT UP PICK IT UP PICK IT UP...but I didn't.  At least Gracie had the good taste to only eat pockets from the inside and never ruined the outside...

Thank You Sir, May I have another?

I woke up late this morning...VERY late in fact and had to call the boss since we had to be on a 9:00 AM conference call.  And then my morning got worse and I said very bad words...

I found the coat, a hot pad, my old Road ID bracelet, the knife I used to spread peanut butter last night, and a tube of crushed garlic on the sofa.  How in the world did she get the garlic I asked myself?  It was in the fridge, right?  Great!  She can will things out of the closed fridge now.   

I turned around and there they were - very alarmed looks on their faces in response to my shouting of said bad words...and more importantly their breakfast was late.

So what coat did I wear today you ask?  The coat she chewed before she left the first time...the zipper is also chewed, but not all the way and the pockets only on the inside....



No comments:

Post a Comment